Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Poem #1

The Day 1 prompt is to write a "what got you here" poem. Read Poetic Asides with Robert Lee Brewer for a more in-depth explanation.


How I Got Here


Quiet your rustling and lend me your ear
As I sing you the story of how I got here
I was born of yellow, blue, and brown
A tornado drove my seed in the ground
Not a drop of rain for forty days
A ball of fire set me ablaze
Grew up strong with the sideoats stems
Learned to bend and sway and wave like them
But a dandelion sprang up one day
And showed me I could fly away
So southward on the winds we roamed
In the fertile hills we found a home
A bouquet of every color and hue
I see reds and greens and violets too!
And here the seasons I will spend
Until we ride the winds again



No comments:

Post a Comment